Happy New Year everyone! It is officially 2018!! I can hardly believe it! Can you?
I had an exciting night ringing in the new year with some of my best friends from high school. We played games until 11 then went over to Grant Park in Chicago and walked toward Navy Pier to see the fireworks. I don’t have much photo evidence (the one’s below were taken before all the phones died) because all of our phones died almost simultaneously from the cold, but it was so fun to spend time with them and act like penguins for warmth in the negative Chicago temperatures. We finished the night by warming up with hot cocoa and a movie, and had an old school sleepover. Despite the freezing weather, I wouldn’t have wanted to start 2018 any other way!
I, like many of you I’m sure, don’t think that January 1st is the only time to start on new goals or resolutions. However, it seems fortuitous that this new year starts on a Monday! Talk about time for a fresh start. I think that there is something exciting that comes with every January 1st. Everything just feels fresh and clean, like opening the first page of a brand new book! Here’s hoping we all get a good one!
Since it is the start of a new year, here are some of my resolutions and goals!
- Write down daily gratitudes. I want to focus on the positives this year. I think that ending each day by being grateful for what God has given me is really important. It can frame your entire mindset and help to live a happier life.
- Follow a productive morning routine. I would like to wake up at a consistent time each day and start off strong. As of right now, I have a decent amount of time in the mornings, and I don’t want to waste it! As I figure out a productive schedule, I will share more with you here!
- Read at least 36 books (three a month). In 2016 I read 30. In 2017, I only read 21 books. I would like to reach my goal of three a month in 2018! I plan to set aside some time to read at least a little bit daily.
- Drink at least one full water bottle daily. I am terrible at staying hydrated. I need to increase my fluids. It’s also good for living a healthy life.
- Do yoga or some other exercise at least five times a week. I have a yoga membership that I want to take advantage of before I move home. I also would like to ride my bike or go on walks more often when the weather gets warmer.
- Create a monthly budget and stick to it! I would really like to start saving more money to be able to travel more. I also want to spend less on frivolous things and donate more. In creating a budget and sticking to it, I hope I can increase my savings, reduce my spendings, and donate more!
- Explore somewhere new! After learning to ski and camping for the first time, I was reminded of how much I love spending time in the great outdoors. I want to try to get outside more and try new things again. I would love to go on a hike somewhere exciting or even something local. I just want to explore the beautiful world we live in!!
- Complete as much as possible of my 2018 bucket list. I’ve made a bucket list on Pinterest of other thing to do this year. I hope to complete as many as I can!