Some things have happened in the past few days that have me reflecting on the brevity of life. We never really know when it’s our last day so we need to make the most of the time we are given.
I reread the second chapter of Francis Chan’s crazy love and wanted to share a few quotes.
On the average day, we live caught up in ourselves. On the average day, we don’t consider god very much. On the average day, we forget our life truly is a vapor.
Our lives here are short, often unexpectedly so, and we can all stand to be reminded of it from time to time.
The point of your life is to point to [God].
After some reflection and rereading here are 7 very important take always. Maybe try to incorporate some into your resolutions. (:
1. Don’t wait. Stop procrastinating. Do what you can and do it now.
2. Don’t hold grudges. It’s simply not worth it. Life is much better when you’re happy. So apologize to others and forgive those that have wronged you.
3. Live in the present looking forward. Don’t dwell on past. You can’t change it. Look to the future, but don’t live in a dream future. You can’t control it all.
4. Live for God. Spend time with Him. If you were to die now, would you be ready to stand before Him? “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31
5. Tell people that you love them. Simple as that. If you love them, let them know.
6. Invest in people. People matter. People will always be more important than Netflix, so build community.
7. What you say matters. You never know how your words will impact ours so spread love, positivity, and joy.
I want to end this post with God’s word as a reminder of why these lessons are so important! Thanks for reading. (:
Come now, you who way, “today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit” – yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a must that appears for a little time and then vanishes.