If you know anything about me, it’s that I love Jesus and I want to travel the beautiful world God made for us. I’ve got a bad case of wanderlust.
In February, I tried to explore more locally. My roommates and I took a weekend trip to Traverse City to ski at Crystal Mountain. The skiing was absolutely awesome and I would highly recommend going there. Our hotel, Sugar Beach Resort, was also great with an indoor pool and hot tub that we used every evening! Besides these two major things, I wanted to share some highlights of this trip with you (aka food and coffee!)
– Grand Traverse Pie Company: This one was so good! We ended up going twice once for dinner and pie and once for lunch before we hit the road home!
– Smoke and Porter Public House: This restaurant was right across the street from our hotel. It was pretty empty for a Friday night which was surprising and the service wasn’t the greatest considering, but the food was yummy!
– Milk and Honey Cafe and Ice Creamery: This place has delicious ice cream. I got a cherry ice cream with black cherries and brownie bits and it was perfection!
– Morsels Espresso and Edibles: We stopped in here on our way to Crystal Mountain to grab some coffee and treats for the road! We tried four different Morsels (bite sized cakes basically) and they were all delicious. I would definitely recommend tasting some!
– Brew: This was a great local coffee shop to sit in on a Sunday morning. We enjoyed some time reading (and blogging for me) before hitting the road back to Holland.
If I could pack up and go anywhere right at this moment, I have a few choice destinations at the top of my list.
My first is Ireland. I think that I have some extended family that live there and I would love to meet them and learn more about them and the history of my family and the Irish culture in general.
Second, I would go to Amsterdam. I know this might sound cheesy, but ever since I read and watched “The Fault in Our Stars” I’ve wanted to go to Amsterdam and visit the sights included in the book. I would love to tour the Anne Frank museum. It’s also possible to stay in the same hotel that was in the movie, so that’s definitely on my list!!
My third is Bermuda. I’ve researched cruises to the pink sand beaches of Bermuda and it looks so lovely. I think that that would be an awesome destination to beat the winter blues.
My last is Disney. It’s honestly just such a happy place for me and I associate it with friends, family, sunshine, and good times. I went so many times in this past year and a half but have no trips planned any time soon. We typically go to Walt Disney World in Orlando, but I would love to be able to say I’ve been to all of the Disney Parks around the world.
So where am I going in March? If you’ve been watching my Instagram stories, you already know a few clues. I’ll release a new clue each day until the last day of February when I’ll let you in on my secret.
1. I’m going somewhere warm.
2. It’s in the Americas.
3. It has white sand beaches.
As a special bonus to you for reading this blog post, you get an extra clue. Some of Jennifer Lopez’s music video for “I’m Into You ft. Lil Wayne” was filmed in the city that I’ll be visiting!